The Arab American National Museum sees itself as a resource for enhancing the understanding of Arab American history, arts, culture and contributions. The Museum creates and promotes educational content for use by teachers both locally and nationally. For more information, please contact Dave Serio, Educator & Public Programming Specialist, at dserio “at” accesscommunity.org.
Virtual Tour Package
The Virtual Tour Package is a full and immersive experience that brings a wholistic picture of AANM to your group. This option gives teachers a full virtual package in which groups will have access to a kit of materials—recorded virtual tour videos, lesson plans, a quiz, activities, resources and much more—to utilize as they see fit. This package has materials that focus on AANM’s Core Galleries: Coming To America, Living In America and Making An Impact. With this package, educators/groups can utilize the materials at their leisure.
These interactive and educational digital resources give educators a first-class look into our exhibits and provide a wide range of tools for both the educator and their students, to bring a full, enriching experience to classrooms near and far.
Each virtual tour is a complete experience, including access to:
- A guided tour of AANM’s three Core Galleries
- Pre-Teaching exercises
- Interactive, educational and creative activities and lessons for students
- Video, audio and literary resources for the classroom
- Quiz template and answer key
- AANM’s digital objects and archive
- AANM Lesson Plans, which follow the Michigan Department of Education’s K-12 grade level content expectation standards in Social Studies, English & Language Arts and World Languages