Since opening its doors in 2005, the Arab American National Museum (AANM) remains the nation’s only cultural institution that documents, preserves and presents the history, culture and contributions of Arab Americans. Located in Dearborn, Michigan, amid the largest concentration of Arab Americans in the United States, AANM presents original exhibitions, cutting-edge art, film screenings and performances in Michigan and in major cities across the U.S., and continually documents the history and experiences of Arab Americans.
AANM is one of just six Michigan-based Affiliates of the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C. and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums. AANM is a founding member of the Detroit-area arts collective CultureSource as well as the Immigration and Civil Rights Network of the International Coalition of Sites of Conscience and the Michigan Alliance for Cultural Accessibility, and is a member of the National Performance Network. AANM is an institution of ACCESS, the largest Arab American community nonprofit in the nation, founded in 1971.
Thursday-Friday: 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 12 – 6 p.m.
Closed Sunday-Wednesday, and on these holidays:
Eid al-Fitr (day and month varies)
Eid al-Adha (day and month varies)
Thanksgiving and the following Friday
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
New Year’s Eve and New Year's Day
4th of July
General Admission – $8
Seniors (age 59 and over), students and educators with ID – $4
Members, Museums for All, and children (age 5 and under) – Free
Museum capacity will be limited to 50%. Credit and Cash both accepted.
Please enter the Museum through the front door located on Michigan Avenue. Free, lighted parking is available in the large municipal parking lot behind the Museum.
COVID-19 Protocols and Safety Measures
In partnership with NSF International, we prepared for our operations and to open again to the public. This was a thorough process that considered many variables including federal, state and city guidelines, close coordination with city government and cultural center institutions, as well as ongoing discussions with our staff and Museum peers.
How to prepare for your visit
- Masks are required for all visitors and staff, regardless of vaccination status
- Proof of vaccination is required to attend public programming events
- Social distancing is required
- Food and beverages are not permitted onsite
- If you are showing signs of illness, please reschedule your visit
What to expect when you arrive
- Drinking fountains will be closed until further notice
- Coat check is not available at this time
- Bathrooms and communal spaces will be cleaned throughout the day
- Surfaces and elevators will be cleaned and wiped down regularly
- Capacity will be limited to 50%
- Hand sanitation stands will be placed throughout the galleries
- The Lower Level is currently closed for renovations
13624 Michigan Ave.
Dearborn, MI 48126