Connecting Communities: Up and Running!
If you haven't yet ventured out to see our latest exhibit, Connecting Communities, I suggest you do so!
The exhibit deals with immigration in metro Detroit, by looking at the lives of nine local immigrants. We pair their stories with government-compiled statistical data in an effort to breakdown some misconceptions and negative stereotypes associated with immigrants.
YOU can also have your say in the debate! Visit our Social Media "Dashboard" to find out how your voice can be heard!
If you're camera-shy and/or don't use Social Media you can always comment RIGHT HERE! Think about answering these questions:
1. Do you know who, in your family, immigrated to the United States? When did they come here? Or, are you Native American Indian?
2. Do you think new immigrants should completely shed their native culture and traditions when they come to America? Why or why not?
3. Respond to this statement: America is a nation founded by immigrants and populated by immigrants and their descendents.
4. Why do you think immigration is such a hot-button issue these days?
5. How would you feel if you had to emigrate? What would you miss the most about America? What would you want to take with you?
Your contribution helps shape the exhibit and may appear in the gallery! So visit us often to hear what people have to say and share your thoughts too!